# of Absence Codes
With a Free Basic plan, you get 9 basic absence codes:
- In Late
- Leave of Absence
- Jury Duty
With a Premium plan, you can choose any combination of 12, 18 or all 23 absence codes (depending on the plan you select). The additional absence codes are:
- Left Early
- No Call/No Show
- Injury on Job
- Doctor Appointment
- Family Illness
- Comp Time
- Religious Holiday
- Floating Holiday
- Military Leave
# of Event Codes
With a Free Basic plan, you get 4 basic employee event and company event codes:
- Other Employee Event
- Company Event
With a Premium plan, you can choose any combination of 7, 10 or all 14 event codes (depending on the plan you select). The additional event codes are:
- End of Probation
- Verbal Warning/Discipline
- Written Warning
- Performance Review
- Company Holiday
- Company Closed (general)
- Weather /Act of God (company closed)
- Certification Expired
Comment, Feed, Updates, & Tips
The comment feed, or Community Buzz, highlights recent blog entries and member feedback. Member updates are important messages about the software from the TrackSmart team. Also, as you update your employees' calendars, helpful tips are provided to assist you in addressing common attendance issues.
Multiple Time-off Banks
A Free Basic plan includes one combined "bank" of paid time-off hours (PTO). All absences are deducted from this single bank of hours.
Premium plans provide three separate time-off banks for vacations, sick days and personal time, plus a general PTO bank. You decide from which bank to deduct hours as you record an absence.
Absence Tracking Options
With a Free Basic plan, your bank tracks time off by number of hours only. For example, if your business allows 10 days off each year, you would give your employee 80 hours in his or her time-off bank and deduct 8 hours for each day off (assuming 8 hours in a workday).
A Premium plan gives you the option to track time off by either hours or days. In that same example, your employee would start with 10 days in the bank and you would deduct 1 day for each day off (or .50 days for a half day).
Employee Profile Fields
With a Free Basic plan, you can store 9 basic profile fields for each employee:
- Name (First and Last)
- Hire Date
- Payroll Status (Hourly/Salaried)
- Time-off Hours Allowed
- Employment Status (Active/Inactive)
- Employee Type (Part Time/Full Time)
- Employee Classification (Permanent/Temporary/Contract/Seasonal)
- Employee Email Address
Premium plans include enhanced profile fields. Depending on the plan you select, you can store 3, 6 or all 8 additional profile sections, which include:
- Employee ID # (alphanumeric)
- Employee Photo
- Full Name (including middle name & nickname)
- Job Title, Department & Location
- Employee Address & Phone Numbers (home & cellular)
- Emergency Contact (name, relationship, address, phone number)
- Next Review Date (creates event on the calendar)
- Separation Date (creates event on the calendar)
Benefit Year Options
Track by Calendar Year
With a Free Basic plan, the time-off bank for each employee is assumed to start on January 1 or each year, and remaining time-off balances are calculated based on a fixed calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
Track by Calendar Year, Hire Date or Custom Year
Premium plans will let you choose between three benefit-year options:
- Calendar Year (January 1-December 31 for all employees)
- Hire Date (each employee's time-off bank starts on his or her anniversary date)
- Fiscal Year (you define a single start date for all employees)
Soon, PowerTrack plans will allow you to carry over any unused time off into a new benefit year for all of your employees.
Employee & Supervisor Access
Members on FlexTrack or PowerTrack Premium plans may give supervisors access to manage their employees' time-off request and time sheet submissions. Supervisors will receive email notifications of pending requests, have the ability to run Absence Detail, Employee Schedule, Time Sheet Summary and Time Sheet Detail reports, and approve both time-off requests and time sheets on the Employee Self-Service site.
Employee Time-off Requests
Members on Premium plans may give their employees access to log in and submit a request for vacation time or other time off, for quick approvals that automatically add the absence code to the calendar. See how it works!
Employee Time Sheets
Members on FlexTrack or PowerTrack Premium plans may give employees access to log in and submit worked hours to their administrator or supervisor or manager using a Web-based time sheet. See how it works!
Employee Mobile App
With a Premium Plan, your employees can use our mobile app that supports Emmployee self-service features, allowing employees to submit time-off requests and time sheets through their iPhone and Android phones. Employees must have self-service access set-up in their profile.
Members can filter by employees, departments, absence and event codes, and select from any date range. Also, they can choose to run a report in pdf or csv format, and 'save to favorites'. Depending on your plan, administrators have the opportunity to receive all 11 reports.
Free Basic plan includes three basic reports:
- Calendar Report – Shows year-to-date absences for each employee in a one-page calendar view (separate calendar for each employee). Helps you address attendance issues with individual employees.
- Birthday List – Lists employees whose birthdays fall in the date range selected. Helps you plan ahead to recognize employees on their birthdays.
- Anniversary List – Lists employees whose anniversaries fall in the date range selected. Helps you plan ahead to recognize anniversaries and/or schedule annual performance reviews.
Premium plans will also include these enhanced reports:
- Absence Detail ^~ – Lists details of each absence, including type of absence, time deducted, approval status and any notes entered. Gives you a complete history of absences for each employee. (Employees are only able to see their own absence history).
- Event Detail – Lists details of each event, including employee's name, department, employee status, type of event, and any notes entered. Gives you a complete history of performance reviews, written warnings, or any event you choose.
- Employee Scheduler ~ – Provides a monthly summary of absences and time-off requests. Helps you foresee overlapping vacation requests and other possible scheduling conflicts. (In the employee view, absence codes are hidden).
- Perfect Attendance – Lists employees who have had perfect attendance in the date range selected. (You choose which absence codes to include/exclude in determining "perfect attendance.") Helps you recognize employees for positive attendance trends.
- Time-off Summary ^ - Summary of time off used and remaining for each employee. Totals based on benefit year selected in your account's calendar preferences.
- Employee Profiler - Displays employees' recordkeeping details along with their time-off summary.
- Time Sheet Summary *^ - Summary of employee hours worked for any date range you need — weekly, bimonthly, monthly or whatever else works best for your business.
- Time Sheet Detail *^ - Displays a daily view of employee hours worked and includes, payroll status, employment type, overtime hours, and PTO hours used.
* Available to members on FlexTrack and PowerTrack plans only.
^ Supervisor Reports
~ Employee Reports
Community Support & Blog
The TrackSmart staff is available Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET to answer any questions or solve any problems you may have posted in the Member Community!
Premium Plan members receive a monthly email newsletter with timely information on employee management topics, tips on using premium features, and exclusive discounts on merchandise in the store.